Citizens Advice Richmond provides high quality advice to those who live, work or study in the Borough of Richmond upon Thames.
We’re recruiting volunteer Assessors for our remote advice service and our Hampton Hill office (when we are able to resume more face to face meetings), to begin training in June. Our Assessors help clients with a wide range of issues.
What our Assessors do:
• Greet or take phone calls from clients and explain the assessment process
• Explore the client’s problem(s) and situation
• Assess the risk/urgency of the issue(s) and if they can deal with the problem
• Identify the next steps that need to be taken
• Summarise the content of the interview for the client and explain what happens next
• Ensure clients know they can contact us again if necessary
• Maintain and accurately update case records
Anyone wishing to join as an Assessor will need to be available for one day a week of regular volunteering (10am – 4pm).
After completion of a six week remote training programme (one day per week), trainees will be added to the advice team rota which covers our service across the borough. We will always try and accommodate individual preferences for days/locations but have to ensure we offer the best service we can.
The Assessor training programme will begin in June 2021.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about the role.
Successful applicants will be invited for a remote interview in June 2021.
Download an application form here – https://www.citizensadvicerichmond.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/CAR-application-form-volunteers-2019.doc.docx