Research and Campaigns
What we do
As well as giving advice we collect evidence of practices and policies that cause the issues that people need advice about. Our extensive knowledge of clients’ problems and circumstances enables us to campaign for change to get a fairer deal for everyone.
We record evidence and keep statistics anonymously so that individual clients are not identified. We use this evidence, together with other research and statistics, to produce reports and to campaign locally and nationally for improvements in services and changes in the law by:
- highlighting issues to local councilors, MPs and other policymakers
- talking to our local council about their services and attending forums and meetings
- discussing problems with organisations and companies to persuade them to improve their services
- sharing evidence and ideas with other organisations
- submitting evidence and recommendations to Citizens Advice centrally, to contribute to national campaigns
Join our Research and Campaigns team to improve people’s lives! More details here
Here’s an example of a campaigning video we made to draw attention to the plight of one of our clients whose landlord was seeking to evict her, despite a government ban on evictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We used social media to publicise the video, with a link to the national Citizens Advice campaign on improving the lot of renters, which you can see by clicking here.