What We Do
Citizens Advice Richmond is a local charity that has been helping the people of Richmond since 1940. We offer generalist advice on any issue and specialist debt advice through Capitalise, the London debt advice partnership, along with specialist legal and financial advice delivered by professionals acting on a pro bono basis. Citizens Advice Richmond is a member of the national Citizens Advice service, a network of around 300 local advice centres.
We offer easy access to our services and have offices at convenient locations across the borough:
- 2 main advice centres in Hampton Hill and Sheen
- 3 smaller advice centres in Hampton, Barnes and Ham
- 2 outreach venues in Richmond and Heathfield
In carrying out our work, we will always seek to:
- Put our clients at the centre of all we do
- Respond to the needs of the local community
- Offer easy access to high quality advice
- Guarantee confidentiality and impartiality
- Promote equality and challenge discrimination
We have 13 paid staff, though we use volunteers to deliver most of our advice services and for a variety of support roles; at any one time, we have around 100 trained volunteers.
In addition, Citizens Advice Richmond uses the experience of our clients to influence policy makers and campaign for change to benefit the whole community. We also offer a money education programme to empower people and to increase their confidence about personal finances. We aim to be the first port of call for any advice or information issue.