How we process Grant Requests
The enquiry form for grants will ask about your household, housing situation, income and expenditure along with current/prior work and other essential information. This is so we are able to fully assess your enquiry for local and national grants, as well as highlight any other advice we may be able to give to ease your situation.
Please note – we are unable to guarantee you are eligible for a grant, and it may take some time to assess your enquiry and find a suitable funder for your application to be made to.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO ASSESS YOUR GRANT ELIGIBILITY
We ask for the following documentary evidence, which is needed by the funders
(we review them, but do not pass any copies of the documents without your written consent)
For all grants we will need to see the following:
- 2 months bank statements for ALL bank accounts (both for yourself and a partner if you live in the same home).
- A full breakdown of how the Grant will be used: e.g. food £100, Energy £50, Washing machine £200, Children’s clothes (coat, shoes, jumpers) = £100
- Employed income – copies of payslips if PAYE, or accounts/statements for Self Employed
- Benefit income – last award notice, showing the amount and the calculation.
- Other income – any documents you have to evidence this.
Bills: We need to see :
- For Energy, your last full bill (which shows your usage breakdown and energy cost breakdown charges) – if you are on a pre-payment meter please let us know.
- For Water, the last bill you received which shows total charge and outstanding balance
- For any other bill, please send any document showing amount due and any calculations/statements that you may have.