Energy Advice Project
We have dedicated Energy advisers who provide one to one energy advice and support to families who are struggling to pay their bills or manage their energy debt.
We can help you to:
- Understand your bill or tariff;
- Maximise your income through benefits and debt advice;
- Reduce your fuel debts through negotiating with creditors and securing charitable or other assistance;
- Access increased support through the Priority Services Register, Warm Homes Discount, tariff checks, charity applications, etc;
- Resolve disputes with Energy Suppliers;
- Make a complaint to Energy Suppliers and the Energy Ombudsman; and
- Reduce future fuel costs by accessing support from Green Doctor and other appropriate services.
We offer one-to-one energy advice appointments with advice on fuel options, tariffs, energy grants, energy saving options.
Please use one of our delivery channels (drop-ins, Online Enquiry form or telephone adviceline) to arrange an appointment. You will need to bring two months’ bank statements, up to date energy bills and details of household income and expenditure.
You can also download this booklet from the Energy Saving Trust which has advice on saving energy, suppliers, tariffs etc.