Citizens Advice Richmond provides free, confidential and impartial advice to those who live, work or study in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames.
We are looking for additional volunteers for our Research & Campaigns Team. You will have the chance to make a real difference in our community, improve people’s lives and contribute to the development of national and local policies and services.
Our Research & Campaigns Team uses clients’ experiences and stories to identify areas that call for changes in policy or delivery of services as well as carrying out broadly-based research to investigate emerging problems. For more details visit our website.
What the volunteers will do:
- work with the existing team to summarise evidence of areas where policy or delivery needs to change
- take part in projects to analyse issues in greater depth and help to draft reports and mount campaigns on topics that require urgent attention
- help to reach out to local organisations and media channels to deliver our key messages and present our recommendations for change effectively
- if you have appropriate skills and experience, or are prepared to be trained, help to leverage social media to get our messages across
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A keen sense of social justice and a determination to promote positive change
- Good computer literacy
- The ability to work effectively with colleagues in the team and across the organisation
- Some direct experience of advising or working with vulnerable people
- Skills and previous experience in extracting and analysing complex information, including statistics, and presenting it clearly and concisely
- Experience of keeping up to date with developments in other local and national organisations and networking with them effectively when required
What’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to gain insight into a wide range of important issues that affect people who live, work or study in the borough and to campaign for changes that will improve their lives
- An opportunity to learn new skills and develop existing ones
- You will be welcomed as part of a friendly and committed team and be in contact with other volunteers and paid staff in a supportive environment
- You will receive introductory training in Citizens Advice’s main areas of advice and further training in areas involved in the team’s projects
We expect a regular long-term commitment of 1-2 full days per week for at least two years. The role can be carried out from home or in any of our offices and we particularly encourage attendance at all team meetings.
You may be asked to attend occasional meetings at our Hampton Hill or Sheen office as the need arises, or with local organisations.
Application deadline: as soon as possible
To apply, please download the application form :
If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, please contact us at email@example.com