Job title: Quality and Development Lead
Location: London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames
Salary: £34,000 pro rata (£27,200 pa)
London Allowance: included
Hours: 28 hours per week
Duration: 12 months with potential to be extended
Closing date for applications: Monday 20 June at 12 noon
Interview date: Week commencing 20 June 2022
How to apply : email@example.com
Context of the Role:
We are pleased to offer you an exciting opportunity to become the Quality and Development Lead for Citizens Advice Richmond.
We are a friendly and diverse office. We support clients across our community, including those with complex advice needs and aim to reach the most vulnerable and excluded in our community.
You will take overall responsibility for quality of advice and the development of our advice services. This includes working with the Service Delivery Manager, advice teams and supervisors to ensure that the advice given to our clients is the best that it can be.
You will be responsible for working with our training supervisor to ensure that issues arising from quality of advice assessments are transformed into learning opportunities.
You will be responsible for the management, development and delivery of our outreach services, including direct delivery of our Energy Advice Project.
The role offers the opportunity to develop joint processes and procedures, share good practice and assist the service to further develop its current high quality standards.
Every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity. Different application procedures are adopted by individual local Citizens Advice. Contact the relevant one as outlined in the information about this role. You should not send an application form to national Citizens Advice.
Quality and Development Lead
Job Title: Quality and Development Lead
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Immediate reports: Paid advisers and project leads
Advisers and Assessors
Main Purpose of Job
- You will be accountable and responsible for delivering the service delivery related objectives and outcomes from the organisation’s Business Plan.
- This post is responsible for all aspects of the Quality Assurance process.
- You will take overall responsibility for the development of our advice services. This includes working with the Client Services Manager, advice teams and supervisors to ensure that the advice given to our clients is the best that it can be.
- You will be responsible for working with our training supervisor to ensure that issues arising from quality of advice assessments are transformed into learning opportunities.
- You will be responsible for the management, development and delivery of our outreach services, including direct delivery of our Energy Advice Project.
- You will inspire those you manage to strive for excellence in all we do, and take an active role in shaping the charity’s strategy and development.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
Service leadership and management
- Manage and develop advice services and projects to ensure quality, access and consistency throughout the service.
- Ensure projects meet funder targets and are delivered within the budgets set by the CEO and Trustees, bringing any concerns or potential failings to the attention of the CEO as early as possible
- Identify need and develop our advice services and delegated projects in line with need and the Business Plan
- Take responsibility for ensuring the performance and quality assurance of all advice services to meet the required standards set by ourselves and our accrediting bodies
- Be accountable for Citizens Advice Richmond services and volunteering strategy
- Lead the delegated projects.
- Prepare and issue reports as required for CEO, trustees and partners, attending meetings as required to present findings and recommendations
- Ensure client satisfaction is maintained at a high level.
Research & Campaigns
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, contribute to the development of our Research and Campaigns activity, helping to amplify the voice of our clients to influence long-term or systemic change in policy and practice.
Staff Management and Supervision
- Manage, motivate and support paid staff reporting to the post
- Lead on the recruitment of roles directly line managed by the post
- Be accountable for the volunteering strategy and functions
- Work with those you manage to ensure the effective support, supervision and appraisal, including signing off volunteer appraisals completed by Supervisors
- Identify volunteer recruitment and training needs, and liaise with our Training Supervisor to ensure needs are met through targeted recruitment and training.
- In conjunction with the CEO, develop and maintain relations with external partners as required, including attending meetings with external partners, organisations, and relevant agencies to talk about and develop the service
- Ensure all funder requirements are met and that reports are submitted to track progress on all work delivered by the service.
Learning and professional development
- Keep up to date with legislation relevant to the role, trends, ideas and thinking
- Attend and actively participate in regular support and supervision sessions and appraisals with the Chief Executive Officer
- Identify own learning and development needs and plan to meet them.
- Ensure that detailed records for the purposes of information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation are maintained and developed
- Produce comprehensive, analytical and developmental oral and written reports on the work of the service as required.
- Uphold and promote the Aims and Principles of the Citizens Advice Service
- Uphold and promote the Equality and Diversity policies of the Citizens Advice Service
- Deputise for the Chief Executive Officer as required
- Work at the service’s offices and elsewhere as required
- In addition to the tasks and duties outlined in this job description, to undertake such duties which are generally compatible with the functions of the post.
- Demonstrable experience of staff and volunteer supervision and understanding of provision of staff support, development and motivation
- Substantial recent experience of advice work and advice session supervision. This must include advising on complex cases in welfare rights, employment, housing and debt.
- Proven experience and understanding of implementing quality assurance systems, including case checking and file reviews.
- Ability to manage and develop a community advice service
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Significant experience of complying with regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of the type of social policy issues facing the local community, and a commitment to influencing social policy.
- Ability to monitor, maintain and develop advice systems and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeracy, statistical and analytical skills
- Experience of planning and prioritising own work and work of others, and take decisions within a pressured environment
- Experience of working to multiple targets and deadlines
- Experience of using IT in the provision of advice
- Experience of taking responsibility for own learning and development
- Commitment to the Citizens Advice service aims, principles and equality and diversity policies
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours as required.
Terms and conditions
– 12 month contract for 28 hours per week
– £34,000 pro rata (£27,200 pa)
- What we give our staff
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, pension contribution, and training and opportunities to continue your professional development.
To Apply – please download our job Pack and complete the application form.